Saturday, April 14, 2007

Miracle top Jays in controversial game

Dunedin 6 at Fort Myers 7

Record 3 - 5

W: D. Shinskie (1-0, 0.00); L: E. Estanga (0-1, 11.57)
HR: DUN: J. Butler (1), B. Jeroloman (1). FTM: E. Lis (1).

E: Lis (1, fielding), Portes (1, fielding).

Former Miracle catcher Kyle Phillips is now playing for the Blue Jays, he was their first baseman last night.

I wasn't all that impressed by Alex Smit. He got batted around a bit.

Alex Smit (Part 1)
Alex Smit (Part 2)

I need to convince Loek and Mushy to sit with me for his next outting and give me color commentary to go along with the video. It was way too crowded to try that last night.

I was even less impressed with Kyle Aselton in relief and was mildly ambivelant towards our fielding except for Erik Lis' error, which I screamed about. Toby Gardenhire didn't play and strangely enough, I didn't notice.

The fifth inning was pretty good.

4-Run 5th Inning (Part 2)
4-Run 5th Inning (Part 3)

(Part 1 is 103MB, so it needs to be edited and it not yet online.)

Whit Robbins looks funny from behind when he's batting. Part of the Hibbing branch of Eli Tintor fan club was at the game. He got a beauty hit for them and made several very nice catches in the field. I loved the T-Shirts!

Drew Thompson is having back problems. He said he's about a month away from playing, but I think he's being optimistic and is probably about 6 weeks out since he said he's not supposed to do anything for another 3 weeks.

Paul Kelly is having some knee issues and is not due back for a while. Jose Leger had surgery and is done for the season.

Boxscore
Log
Wrap
Miracle
News Press
Breeze

No comments: