Thursday, August 9, 2007

Cheeer for Tigers Night

Cameron Maybin was promoted to the AA Erie SeaWolves today, so I guess getting his autograph on Cheer for Tigers Night worked out pretty well.

Maybin is currently ranked the top prospect in the Detroit Tigers organization according to Baseball America.

In 83 games with the Lakeland Flying Tigers, Maybin batted .304 with 10 home runs and 44 RBI. He was the eighth best hitter in the Florida State League. Maybin also collected 14 doubles and five triples to go along with 43 walks and 25 stolen bases. His .393 on-base percentage ranked third in the FSL.

Maybin was tabbed the Tigers Minor League Player of the Year following the 2006 season with the Midwest League champion West Michigan WhiteCaps. He finished fifth in the MWL with a .304 average and was named the league's "Prospect of the Year."

My major problem with Maybin is he hit a fly ball when the Tigs were in town, and didn't run it out. I'm sorry, but at the Single A level of baseball, that's totally inexcusable. I'm surprised Bradshaw let him get away with it. Didn't Smitty sit Parms for doing that?

Anyway, not getting into things about a certain Tiger pitcher I'm fond of (I'll talk about him in another post), here are some images from Cheer for Tigers Night:


Cameron Maybin
Cameron Maybin

Cameron Maybin
Maybin gets plunked by a pitch

David Hernandez
Michael Hernandez

Justin Justice
Justin Justice


Some guy sitting behind thought that naming your kid Justin Justice was cruel and unusual punishment. Justice is from Winter Park, Florida, BTW, and as near as I can tell, no relationship whatsoever to David.

I finally got to see the Camo-batting practice Unis. They were hot!

I guess we shall find out tonight if any of the Miracle boys has anything to say to me for sitting over on the Tigers' side of the stadium last Saturday.

No comments: